For many years, I have always wanted to achieve my life and experience many changes to the world, helping for future generations to live in a better environment. I have achieved this element a few years ago when I helped my school plant trees for an environmental project with The Woodland Trust, to help grow a new forest. However since then, I felt that I haven’t given enough. Until I recently came across this.
Inspired by an excellent video by the amazing Tanya Burr, I have challenged myself to participate in the Global Goals challenge. Although I don’t know Tanya in person, I’ve been a massive fan of hers. When she suggested Global Goals, I thought about giving it a go and see what the results will be in fifteen years time.
To see Tanya Burr’s Global Goals Video, Please Click on the Link Below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3wZp-V2gI
What Are The Global Goals?
The Global Goals are a set of goals where one hundred and ninety-three world leaders will commit to seventeen Global Goals, which will aim to change world issues, such as poverty, injustice and climate change. By setting these goals, these developments will (hopefully) change the world and bring peace, prosperity and happiness.
The Global Goals will officially begin on 25th September 2015 (next Friday) and will end on the same day in 2030 – fifteen years later.
What Are the Goals?
Based on the achievements that World Leaders would choose to follow, the chosen goals are:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-Being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life On Land
- Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
Out of the seventeen, all World Leaders will have to choose three.
What Goals Am I Going to Choose?
After reading all of the seventeen goals, my chosen three are:
- Goal Number #4 – Quality Education
- Goal Number #15 – Life on Land
- Goal Number #5 – Gender Equality
The reason why I’ve chosen these three because they are very close to my heart; through experience and interests and I hope that all of the goals will make a difference to the world.
And here’s my collage to prove it. 🙂
What Am I Going to Do?
Although the results for my Global goals are fifteen years away from now, I have decided to contribute and share my goals with everyone. So, I’ll promise to:
- Conduct a page and share my experiences of my goals, through books I’ve read, places I’ve visited and possible interviews on my blog
- Create a timeline (on my blog)
- Write stories and create pieces of art
- Spend more time at my local Zoo
- Spread the word about making a difference, through petitions, charity and movie making
- Being positive.
So now, it’s over to you. Which three Global Goals are you going to choose between 2015 and 2030? And why?
Please let me know in the comments below, and share your pictures and blog posts in a tag post to #AMLGlobalGoals. I would love to hear from you and your goals. One day, we will change the world for the better. 🙂
To Know More to Participate, please click on the link here: http://www.globalgoals.org/
To See the Global Goals Message by Professor Stephen Hawking, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCWeTj0GDfg