Wow! How long has it been since I wrote a post??? I guess I haven’t been paying much attention to my blog lately. (Naughty, Sez!) How was your Christmas?
Since Halloween, I’ve been busy with Drama school, YouTube and Christmas. Now with the New Year on the way, it feels like that time has whizzed by rather than flown by. And with New Year comes New Year’s Resolutions and Best Highlights.
For me, I believe that 2015 was the stepping stone; with surprises and smiles around every corner. I was overwhelmed by your generosity, kindness and huge support. I humbly thank you all and raise my glass to you, whither it you are a creative blogger or a brave vlogger.
I have many fond memories of each year; they remind me of roller coaster rides and/or paths, when you are choosing to take different routes in your life. Some include surprises and moments, where you ask yourself, “did that just happen?” And it all started, while I was getting over a spilt with someone (but, we never went far; we were never boyfriend or girlfriend. Just so you know).
actingmylife was mind-blowing, it was exciting and I don’t want to ever give my channel or blog up. It has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made; and I don’t regret it.
My highlights of this year (2015) are:
- Celebrating my first anniversary of the actingmylife blog: It’s certainly hard to believe it’s been a year since I set up my blog, but little did I know that something else was coming my way.
- Starting my own YouTube channel: I honestly never dreamt of setting a vlogging channel. And with nearly thirty subscribers in one year, that’s a achievement. I am so proud that I choose to do this because I enjoy every moment of it.
- Christmas: Christmas (even though it’s the busiest) is one of my favourite times of the year. I love seeing family, watch television and performing. During the festive period, I perform Christmas shows with all my teachers, classmates and friends in front of an audience, including friends and family. Every year, we put on amazing shows; this year however, is my favourite because it is unique and magical. Every time I do a show and come out of the stage door, I see many huge smilies. My heart melts so much and I can’t help but smile back, because for me, Christmas is about giving something back in return. So with me and the cast performing, we’re giving back our experiences and great entertainment to all.
That’s all for the highlights, let’s move on to the resolutions and YouTube Aims for 2016:
New Year’s Resolutions
- Try and stay on top everything, i.e. homework: it’s hard to keep up with everything – it’s a top resolution I put down every year
- Set schedule dates for my YouTube channel: I really need to complete this resolution, otherwise I won’t know what days I’ll post videos
- Do yoga once a week: I’ve done yoga many years go, as a child. But, I gave up. I want to start again, as I may need it as a de-stress booster
- Do piano once a week: Again, I’ve practised years ago, but stopped because of Drama school. I want to start again, since I want to try and record videos of me singing. A little bit out of my comfort zone, though. Eek…
- Plan and enjoy a long summer holiday: I graduate my Foundation Degree course in the summer and when I have a long summer, I get easily bored and want to explore (as many young people d0). So, I’m going look around and try to plan what I want to go and/or try. And who knows, I may go somewhere that I have never imagined going too.
- Make 2016 an excellent year: just because. 😉
- Do YouTube Collaborations: I’ve always wanted to do collaborations with many YouTuber’s. I dream for my collaboration videos to be inclusive and welcoming, because, I believe that it’s the way that the world should be.
- Go to Summer in the City: I’m really hoping to go; I heard it’s tons of fun!
- To Anywhere, with my Channel: whither it’s on a film set or a hosting a film première, I dream that actingmylife will travel, to undiscovered places and amazing adventures.
Well, that’s all for now. I hope everyone has amazing New Year.
Facebook: Sez Soutar