Trick or treat,
Bubble and squeak,
There’s more to believe
On All Hallow’s Eve.
Witches, and gouls,
Frankenstein and his tools
Ruling over the day
Where the wicked come and play.
So, beware, beware
For monsters who scare
And have fun,
Children and adults everywhere.
It’s that time again; for another Silly Bucket List Sunday.
Here are the next things that I’ll never do – some of them are silly and the rest are really daring.
- Eating a three tier wedding cake, all by myself.
- Sneak into a Pizza Express restaurant and helping the chiefs with the cooking.
- Create a dress, with second-hand book pages.
- Swim in a pool of tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
In our lifetime, we spend six years of our lives dreaming. Hmm…
What Are the Three Things That Have Made Me Smile This Week?
- Feeling good to be back, after missing a day at Drama school as I had to be rushed to Hospital
- Doing my first performance presentation with my school, in a London Hospital
- Looking forward to see my cousin, who’s coming from South Africa!!!!! 🙂
Welcome to another Nomination Wednesday post, where we take a look on the people who have inspired everyone around the world.
This week’s nomination goes to J.K. Rowling – the fabulous, famous author Harry Potter, whose book series had transformed many young readers from the late 20th, into the 21st Century.
I won’t do an “About” page because I know that everyone knows about J.K. Rowling. So, I’ll be moving onto the reason why section…
Why Did I Nominate J.K. Rowling?
I have always been a fan of the Harry Potter series, since I was a child. But, I never knew about the challenges that J.K. Rowling had to face before their first book was published. Harry Potter was turned down by 12 publishers before one accepted.
I found out that this information through a television movie I watched years ago, called Magic Beyond Words. Although the movie depicts sense of her life (even if some of them aren’t true), it gives an idea of what an inspirational, talented and creative author she has become. J.K. Rowling will sincerely inspire many authors for generations to come – proof that anything is possible, when people think that achieving is impossible.
She certainly has proved them wrong. May her books reign the bookshelves in years to come. 🙂